
There have been other changes on the land. The wife of a nearby farmer is keeping her horses on the land. They should keep things trim as well as provide us with some manure (when I can get to collect it). They came at the beginning of October. They are all pregnant.

Every time I go to the farm I take photo's of the water level in the pond. I have used the second (higher) plant as a marker of how much the water level has risen since I last see it. This photo was taken on the 18th October.

23rd of October

I had the idea of actually walking into the pond to dig some clay for Astrid to make a volcano with, for school. We had a lot of fun getting stuck in the clay. Actually my legs got so tired of pulling my feet out with each step that I got to the stage of not having any strength left. Astrid lugged a heavy bucket of clay up the hill and fetched Richard to help get me out. They had a good laugh. I can see how live animals became fossilised in mud.

Back to pond levels. The lower plant is now nearly covered, 6th November.

From this photo, taken 20th November, the plant is now covered.

Our crop of walnuts is as good as zero. If some type of fungus didn't get them then, I reckon it was, a squirrel got the rest. This is the sight that met us on
No comments:
Post a Comment